We are seeking an experienced Public Relations Account Coordinator who has experience with Consumer Goods, Hospitality, Technology and/or Healthcare. We are open to remote, U.S.-based candidates who can work with different time zones and meet project timelines.
We are professionals who thrive in a creative, collaborative and transparent environment, help build world-impacting brands and learn and grow from one another. We are committed to our core values and harness the culture of excellence, authenticity, collaboration and positivity to deliver results that truly move the needle for our clients. We celebrate achievements and are driven by success. We are proud to have been recognized by San Diego Business Journal as one of the ‘Best Places to Work List’ in 2020 and one of the ‘Best PR Firms in San Diego.’ We are determined to continue to create a positive and motivating work environment as we grow and deliver industry-leading ROI.
You are a growth-minded public relations professional, who thrives in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment and is willing to take risks and think big. Your passion for brand development centers on solving clients’ problems with strategic and creative solutions. You are someone who displays the utmost professionalism and has a natural ability to anticipate client needs, read between the lines and effectively problem solve. You are ROI-driven, focused, communicative and bring a positive atmosphere to the team. You embrace your strengths and are ready to grow in your career. If this sounds like you, please apply now!
Job Title: Account Coordinator – Consumer Goods, Hospitality, Technology, Healthcare
At-Will Employment: This position is an at-will employee position.
Non-Exempt Position: This position is a non-exempt hourly position.
Major Areas of Responsibility: The major areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Draft and proofread media materials, including but not limited to, press releases, creative pitches, contributed articles, and blog posts;
- Pitch and secure impactful placements for clients;
- Monitor, track, and report editorial and social media coverage for multiple clients, as directed;
- Monitor, flag, and pitch HARO/ProfNet opportunities, as directed;
- Monitor and read mainstream and client industry news regularly; be able to summarize and report information;
- Read and review assigned publications to identify specific writers and trends to pitch; proactively communicate progress to teammates;
- Develop accurate contact lists of pertinent journalists, influencers, and bloggers, and update existing media lists using both independent research and Cision;
- Identify pitching opportunities and develop creative ideas/proposals for clients;
- Coordinate, execute, and track media mailings;
- Develop a dependable system for monitoring, tracking, and reporting news;
- Assist and collaborate with teams in media relations and execution of PR programs;
- Promptly provide completed assignments and tasks to team members;
- Take meeting notes and summarize for teams;
- Communicate with the client via email, phone and video;
- Conduct research for active projects;
- Participate in one-on-one media meetings, as well as local professional development and networking opportunities such as the Public Relations Society of America and American Marketing Association meetings;
- Consistently meet/e-meet with media to establish and maintain “friendly” status;
- Research, support and track client award submissions and speaking opportunities;
- Prepare client agendas 24 hours in advance;
- Reports to Account Manager, Sr. Account Manager, or Group Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree and worked at least two public relations internships;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including writing, knowledge of AP Style, independent research and persuasion skills required in working with account managers, senior account managers, group managers, and account directors;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to remain calm and courteous under pressure, ask questions and seek assistance when necessary;
- Proficient at Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint;
- Experience with Cision, Meltwater and/or other journalist databases and reporting tools;
- Confident and articulate communication with senior staff;
- Go-getter; eager to learn and quickly able to implement feedback;
- ·Punctual and cognizant of deadlines; ability to foresee challenges or hurdles to completing assignments on time and communicates this with the team to ensure effective collaboration;
- Displays utmost professionalism internally and externally, with clients, partners, etc.;
- Work product is consistent and accurate;
- Passion for self-improvement and drive to further personal professional development