We are open to remote, U.S.-based candidates who can work with different time zones and meet project timelines.
We are professionals who thrive in a creative, collaborative and transparent environment, help build world-impacting brands and learn and grow from one another. We are committed to our core values and harness the culture of excellence, authenticity, collaboration and positivity to deliver results that truly move the needle for our clients. We celebrate achievements and are driven by success. We are proud to have been recognized by San Diego Business Journal as one of the ‘Best Places to Work List’ in 2020 and one of the ‘Best PR Firms in San Diego.’ We are determined to continue to create a positive and motivating work environment as we grow and deliver industry-leading ROI.
You are a growth-minded public relations, influencer marketing or social media professional, who thrives in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment and is willing to take risks and think big. Your passion for brand development centers on solving clients’ problems with strategic and creative solutions. You are someone who displays the utmost professionalism and has a natural ability to anticipate client needs, read between the lines and effectively problem solve. You are ROI-driven, focused, communicative and bring a positive atmosphere to the team. You embrace your strengths and are ready to grow in your career. If this sounds like you, please apply now!
Job Title: Group Manager
At-Will Employment: This position is an at-will employee position.
Exempt Position: This position is an exempt salaried position.
Major Areas of Responsibility: The major areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee the vertical, having a clear understanding of each client, team responsibilities and ROI; stay apprised of clients’ brands, products, and/or services their key issues, competitive situation and industry trends;
- Serve as chief strategist for the vertical and key accounts; develop strategy for the vertical and seek out opportunities to build out client work, services and offerings; ensure client ROI is met;
- Lead 3-4 large/high priority accounts, with a larger focus on overall strategy for all vertical accounts – managing team and growing SAM, AM and AC in their roles;
- Draft and distribute media materials, including press releases, media advisories, contributed articles, blogs and more;
- Develop strategic marketing communications, PR plans and provide counsel to clients;
- Identify account/vertical needs and spearhead brainstorms; work with account leads to troubleshoot for specific clients;
- Strategically manage multiple clients’ business objectives, projects, and deadlines;
- Keep clients informed on PR plan and progress;
- Prioritize clients, regularly interfacing with all client levels and constantly searching for solutions and big ideas that are innovative and relevant;
- Resolve client concerns quickly and effectively with minimal direction;
- Uncover and interpret industry information to accomplish client business objectives;
- Review press releases, backgrounders, feature articles, brochures and website copy;
- Build and refine media lists and opportunity calendars for relevant accounts;
- Partner with company leadership to develop best processes and procedures for vertical and organization;
- Maintain relationships with top tier media to readily secure coverage on behalf of clients;
- Oversee and manage vertical organization in Asana, Harvest, SharePoint and Dropbox;
- Work with media department and account services to collaborate and streamline processes; collaborate on shared media or business goals;
- Coach and inspire the growth and development of junior team members by providing consistent feedback, training, and growth opportunities;
- Delegate responsibilities, and check and approve creative materials, copy, layouts and production art to ensure they are in line with client and agency expectations and coordinate approval of same;
- Represent the agency in local business and public relations communities;
- Review award submissions, speaking opps, etc.;
- Serve as final review on quarterly reports, 90-day plans, monthly recaps, award and speaking opportunity submissions, agendas etc.;
- Monitor vertical account hours from a total and individual employee standpoint in relation to the coverage secured each month;
- Assist in interviewing, hiring and training new candidates;
- Support new business process with deck preparation and presentations;
- Report to Account Director and CEO;
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- 6+ Years of PR agency experience in a management role;
- Emerging Tech (B2B, B2C), Healthcare Technology or Professional Services expertise;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to actively listen and reflect client needs;
- Ability to understand client success extends beyond media relations; analyze business growth, media relations, and corporate communications in relationship to each other;
- Knowledgeable in AP Style;
- A good and active listener, someone who reads people and those in a room well (and adapts their style and response accordingly);
- An analytical. creative and strategic mindset;
- Displays utmost professionalism internally and externally, with clients, partners, etc.;
- Is solutions-oriented, recommends solutions when problems arise, assists colleagues in problem solving, and seeks input from colleagues in problem resolution;
- Exhibits effective communication skills. Uses different communication tools appropriately and is equally effective with each channel;
- Able to work in a dynamic environment through flexibility, resilience and a positive outlook;
- A lifelong learner;
- Proficient at Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint;
- Experience with Cision, Meltwater and/or other journalist databases and reporting tools.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. This job description should not be construed in any way to create a contractual relationship.