We are seeking an experienced Public Relations Group Manager who has experience in the Consumer Goods Vertical. We are open to remote, U.S.-based candidates who can work with different time zones and meet project timelines.
We are professionals who thrive in a creative, collaborative and transparent environment, help build world-impacting brands and learn and grow from one another. We are committed to our core values and harness the culture of excellence, authenticity, collaboration and positivity to deliver results that truly move the needle for our clients. We celebrate achievements and are driven by success. We are proud to have been recognized by San Diego Business Journal as one of the ‘Best Places to Work List’ in 2020 and one of the ‘Best PR Firms in San Diego.’ We are determined to continue to create a positive and motivating work environment as we grow and deliver industry-leading ROI.
You are a growth-minded public relations and marketing professional who thrives in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment and is willing to take risks and think big. Your passion for brand development centers on solving clients’ problems with strategic and creative solutions. You are someone who displays the utmost professionalism and has a natural ability to anticipate client needs, read between the lines and effectively problem solve. You are ROI-driven, focused, communicative and bring a positive atmosphere to the team. You embrace your strengths and are ready to grow in your career.
At-Will Employment: This position is an at-will employee position.
Exempt Position: This position is an exempt salaried position.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Work alongside Group Director to oversee vertical, understand vertical needs, priorities and general health of accounts;
- Lead 3-4 key accounts, and support with top-level strategy for all other accounts in the vertical;
- Assist with onboarding new key accounts from a strategic standpoint to set up account leads up for success;
- Have a clear understanding of each client, team responsibilities and ROI within the vertical;
- Oversee the creation of PR & integrated marketing plans, client KPIs and dashboards;
- Participate on all annual vertical planning & brainstorm calls;
- Develop strategic marketing communication & PR plans and provide counsel to clients;
- Strategically manage multiple clients’ business objectives, projects, and deadlines;
- Resolve client concerns quickly and effectively with minimal direction;
- Uncover and interpret industry information to accomplish client business objectives;
- Keep clients informed on quarterly plan and progress;
- Write & review media materials as needed, including press releases, media advisories, contributed articles, blogs and more;
- Maintain relationships with top tier media to readily secure coverage on behalf of clients;
- Build and refine media lists and opportunity calendars for relevant accounts;
- Serve as final review on quarterly reports, 90-day plans, monthly recaps, award and speaking opportunity submissions, agendas, etc.;
- Directly oversee, manage and contribute to growing SAM, AM and AC in their roles;
- Partner with company leadership to develop best processes and procedures for vertical and organization;
- Coach and inspire the growth and development of junior team members by providing consistent feedback, training, and growth opportunities;
- Monitor hours budgets from both the account and individual employee standpoint in relation to the coverage secured each month to ensure maximum utilization and efficiency;
- Oversee and manage vertical organization in Asana, Harvest, SharePoint and Dropbox;
- Assist in interviewing, onboarding training new team members;
- Support new business process with proposals and presentations;
- Represent the agency in local business and public relations & marketing communities;
- Report to Group Director
- 6+ years of public relations agency experience with at least 2 years of experience in a management role;
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, public relations, or similar field preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and knowledge of AP Style;
- Self-starter, who can complete tasks with little direction and can independently problem-solve based on a combination of experience and research;
- Displays utmost professionalism internally and externally, with clients, partners, etc.;
- A positive, analytical, and creative mindset to be used in identifying and approach challenges, inefficiencies, and ineffective processes with a solution-oriented mindset;
- A good and active listener, someone who reads people and those in a room well (and adapts their style and response accordingly);
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple client projects and deadlines across teams;
- Is solutions-oriented, recommends solutions when problems arise, assists colleagues in problem solving, and seeks input from colleagues in problem resolution;
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment through flexibility, resilience and a positive outlook;
- Leadership characteristics such as open-mindedness to others’ communications style, viewpoints and opinions; empathy and compassion; being direct and giving feedback with respect and integrity;
- Experience with Cision, Meltwater and/or other journalist databases and reporting tools;
- Proficient at Microsoft Office Suite;
Crowe PR is committed to fostering a culture of trust, respect and inclusion – both within our walls and our wider communities. We are curating a workplace that honors diversity and celebrates individual differences. We remain committed to offering equal opportunities to all, regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, political beliefs, age, level of education, or disability status.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. This job description should not be construed in any way to create a contractual relationship.